UPDATE: While the macaron tutorial is still (and always will be) free, we’re hosting all the free tutorials at minifoodtutorials.com . Browse all our tutorials in one easy spot, rather than trawling through all my posts, plus sign up for the newsletter and suggest your own tutorial!
Well, Mei of tinyhands and I did it: a full-color, 12-page tutorial on how to make French macarons. Whether for jewelry or for miniatures, this tutorial is absolutely fool-proof, and of course, it’s totally free.
Why is it so awesome?
- You can make your macarons from stuff around the house, so you don’t have to go out and buy a bunch of expensive tools. Polymer clay is $2 a bar, or so, and you only need 3 colors to get going. So this is an inexpensive way to get started in the mini food world.
- Big, pretty photos so you can tell what’s going on, and so your eyes don’t die from poorly lit, unattractive pictures.
- Uniquely formatted instructions allow you to work through it as a beginner and as an advanced sculptor—this tutorial will definitely grow with your newfound skills!
- A section on what to do with your macarons lets you transform your creations into gifts for family and friends
- This tutorial is, and always will be, free. No hidden charges here!
So! Convinced? Click on the very attractive cover photo to go to our file, which is hosted by Amazon. Let me know what you think, either here, or on my spiffy new Twitter and Facebook accounts (see buttons in right sidebar). Ta ta for now!